The red rose is probably the most famous flower in the world. It is a universal symbol of love. We have been using it to express our love since the Roman times and throughout history, the red rose has been a symbol of deep love and passion. The red rose holds that symbolism more than ever today. But did you know that the number of red roses in a bouquet has a special meaning?
Meanings of red rose bouquets
Here’s what the number of red roses in a bouquet means:
- To send a single red rose means love at first sight. It is a simple and universal way to say ‘I love you.’
- Three roses are a traditional one-month anniversary gift. A gift of three roses expresses mutual love.
- Show your infatuation and desire with a bouquet of six roses.
- Nine roses expresses a wish to be with someone forever. The perfect proposal bouquet!
- A bouquet of twelve roses says ‘Be mine!’ They are ideal as Valentine’s Day flowers.
- Send a bouquet of thirteen roses if you just want to be friends, or to a friend to show support.
- Say ‘I’m sorry’ by sending fifteen red roses.
A combination of red and white roses symbolises unity and complete togetherness. A bouquet of white and red roses is the perfect gift for your husband or wife.
Get red roses delivered
To send someone a bouquet of red roses is truly special. At LolaFlora we understand that this is your moment, your expression of emotion. That’s why we offer you fresh red roses from expert florists across the world. We will always make sure your red roses reach their recipient in perfect condition. You can order red rose bouquets online with free same day delivery, knowing that your flowers are in safe hands with LolaFlora.